I am experienced in working with people experiencing a wide range of psychological issues from mild-moderate anxiety and depression right through to more severe and longstanding difficulties relating to complex trauma such as childhood abuse. Please get in touch to discuss your specific needs and find out more.
- Anxiety including phobias, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, agoraphobia
- Excessive worry and negative preoccupation with the future
- Depression from mild single episodes through to recurrent or persistent long term depression
- Trauma including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) resulting from single events such as a road traffic accident, through to complex PTSD which can occur as the result of multiple and severe traumas, usually starting in childhood
- Self-harm and suicidal urges
- Difficulties managing intense emotions
- Relationship difficulties
- Young people and adults diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASCs)
- Life transitions such as divorce, moving home or school, retirement, and so on
- Pre- and post-natal depression and anxiety in both men and women (my doctoral thesis was an exploration of fathers’ postnatal mental well-being and coping)
- Bullying – both victims and perpetrators
I often work with individuals as well as couples and families – we will work together in a way that suits you and is likely to bring about meaningful change.
If the difficulties you are experiencing are not outlined above, don’t worry. It’s impossible to list everything – please get in touch to discuss your specific concerns and we can decide if it would be helpful to work together.
It may be that local NHS services can offer you more appropriate support. This can be the case if the difficulties you are experiencing are particularly complex or more safely managed by a team. If this is my opinion then I will discuss this with you and before making a referral.
If I think that another professional would be better suited to working with you, I will discuss my thinking with you and make appropriate recommendations.
Please get in touch with any questions or to make an appointment.